Truck Driver Jobs in USA with Visa Sponsorship Without truck drivers, production and distribution companies could not function. Truck drivers are frequently in high demand in industrialised cultures. In other words, truck drivers will be required if a production firm and a community that uses these products exist.
According to statistics, there are 1,318,448 commercial truck drivers working in the USA, and their average age is 48. We’ll examine who truck drivers are and their duties because they play such an essential role in American society and account for a sizeable amount of the country’s population. Additionally, the prerequisites for obtaining a truck driver job in the USA and truck driver jobs in the USA with sponsorship of a visa will be covered. However, the scope of this page goes beyond this, so keep reading.
Who is a Truck Driver?
- A person who drives trucks for a living is known as a truck driver. Their duties include operating trucks to transport cargo to various areas.
- Among other things, a truck driver is accountable for the following:
- transferring the goods/products from the origin to the destination.
- Before each trip, the truck should be inspected for any problems and those that are found remedied.
- recording of the delivered goods
- ensuring that the provided goods are handled correctly and are delivered to the customer in the same condition they were in when they left the production facility.
- Keeping the truck clean and making sure it has adequate diesel for each journey.
- keeping a driving journal and saving every fuel receipt for records.
- putting and taking away the truck’s payload.
- obeying the laws and regulations governing traffic.
- reporting of mishaps and crimes.
- reporting any traffic incident to the goods’ owner.
- Knowing which complaint management desk to refer customers to for the appropriate complaints desk, in case of any.
- Good customer communication skills
Requirements for Becoming a Truck Driver in the USA
The prerequisites to become a truck driver are the same everywhere. First and foremost, you must be at least 18 years old in order to receive a driving licence in the USA. You are a foreigner looking for a truck driving job in the USA if this position comes with visa sponsorship. It is essential to get a driving licence in your native country because it is a prerequisite for getting one in the USA.
Your medical commission, social security number (SSN), and your green card or work permit are further required documents. These documents attest to your legal presence in the nation, medical fitness to drive, and employment authorization. When you apply for your CDL (commercial driver’s license), these documents are also required.
A commercial driver’s licence must be obtained as the following prerequisite. An individual with a commercial driver’s licence is permitted to drive large, heavy, or placarded hazardous material vehicles in the US for pay. You must be older than 21 to apply for a CDL.
The kind of vehicle you want to drive will determine which class of CDL you should apply for. Based on the gross vehicle weight rating, the type of vehicle is determined. The CDL classes are
- Class A: This is for vehicle combinations with GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds.
- Class B: this is for single vehicles with GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds.
- Class C: this class is for vehicles that do not belong to the first and second class but carry more than 16 passengers or are placarded with hazardous materials
Steps to Becoming a Truck Driver in the USA
To become a truck driver, one must complete the following three steps:
- delivering paperwork to the DMV office in your state in the USA.
- theory creation You must enrol with the state’s DMV (Department of Motor Vehicles) and pass the tests in order to do this.
- Realistic: You can either do it on your own or enrol in a CDL school.
- You can become a licenced commercial driver by following these steps in order and treating the entire process seriously. Your licence will allow you to drive trucks.
Can a Foreigner get a Visa Sponsorship to the USA as a Truck Driver?
Yes, you can, but the likelihood is low. The following paragraphs will explain why there are so few chances.
It is necessary to demonstrate that there is no qualified American candidate for the position when a company, in this case a US company, wants to hire a foreigner and sponsor their visa. There will be many costs and forms to fill out for this. Additionally, it is a lengthy process.
There is no specific visa that makes it possible for someone to work as a truck driver. Although there is a chance for the foreigner to obtain a job as a truck driver in the USA with visa sponsorship through the H-2B visa, which is a visa for seasonal and temporary jobs for unskilled workers. Despite providing a chance, it is unreliable due to the circumstances surrounding it, as demonstrated in reason 1.
The chances of going home with little to nothing at the end of the day when you start working are high when you are fortunate enough to find a company willing to sponsor you. This is so that the business can recoup the money that was used to bring the person over. As a result, burnout is highly likely.
The likelihood of obtaining a truck driver job with visa sponsorship is low for the reasons listed above. There are other options, such as settling in Canada, becoming a citizen there after a while, and then relocating to the USA with your Canadian work experience.
Websites to Find Truck Driver Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
Conclusion: Truck Driver Jobs in the USA with Visa Sponsorship
A foreign national can enter the United States as a truck driver with the H-2B visa. The best course of action is to look for and apply to a company that will sponsor your visa first. Even though truck driving isn’t one of the professions with a lot of sponsorship, you might find someone who is willing to do that.