Beijing Municipal Government Scholarships 2023/24 Apply Now Non-Chinese students may apply for Beijing Municipal Government Scholarships 2023–2024, which are a terrific option to study in China for free. Similar to CSC (China Scholarship Council), CAS-TWAS, or any other Chinese scholarship, the recipient’s education is paid for by the Chinese government with the help of these awards. There are only a few months left before the scholarships in China let millions of foreign students in. As a result, get the paperwork together you’ll need to apply for China Government Scholarships right now.Students that get scholarships will be financially supported in 2023–2024. The money is worth approximately 35,000,000 Chinese Yuan (about 5,000,000 USD). The top prize is 40,000 RMB. The government of Beijing is committed to drawing more and more international students. The numerous other initiatives that have been undertaken to internationalise Chinese education include this scholarship.
Beijing Government Scholarship Value/Coverage:
The Beijing government scholarship is used to cover the recipients’ tuition costs. Based on the applicants’ academic level, the following categories of scholarships are offered:
Each year, 40,000 RMB will be given to students seeking doctoral degrees.
A master’s degree will receive 30,000 RMB per year as a result.
Students pursuing bachelor’s degrees will get a yearly prize of 20,000 RMB.
Each year, 10,000 RMB will be given to students enrolled in language programmes.
Each year, 5,000 RMB will be given to students who are either exchange students or who have made significant contributions to Beijing’s international education system.
Free housing and monthly stipends
Types of Beijing Municipal Government Scholarships
The scholarship is only available for applicants who are applying to Beijing institutions for bachelor’s, master’s, and doctoral programmes.
The grant’s term is less than a year for applicants who are enrolled in programmes in Beijing universities that teach the Chinese language or any other pertinent subject.
The grant is only valid for applicants enrolled in specialised courses at Beijing’s higher education institutions for less than a year.
The duration is less than a year for exchange students and students who have made significant contributions to international education at Beijing universities.
Eligibility Criteria for Scholarships by the Beijing Government:
It is advisable for applicants to carefully review the eligibility requirements to ascertain whether they are qualified to apply for the scholarship:
The applicants must be fluent in the language used to teach their desired degree programme. This changes from course to course and from college to college.
The applicants must be healthy and non-Chinese.
The minimum age requirement for applicants to bachelor’s degrees is 30 years old, and they must have completed high school with honours.
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required of applicants for master’s programs, as is a minimum age requirement of 35.
Candidates who want to pursue a Ph.D. in Beijing must be under 40 years old and have a master’s degree in a relevant field.
Candidates for advanced studies should already have an undergraduate degree or be at least in their second year of college. These candidates must be younger than 50.
A high school diploma and a minimum age of 60 are required for applicants to language programmes.
A master’s degree is required for scholars travelling to Beijing, as well as various academic titles like associate professor (or higher). They ought to be younger than 50.
The applicants must be eligible for the university and programme to which they are applying.
At the time of applying for the Beijing government scholarship, candidates cannot be recipients of any other government scholarships in China.
How to Apply to the Beijing Government Scholarship in 2023?
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for the Beijing Government Scholarship:
Find out if your subject is available at the university you choose to attend in Beijing.
Go to the university’s website after choosing it, and look under the heading “Scholarships for International Students.”
Find the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarships department there. You can find the entire application process for the scholarship offered by this specific university here. The application form and a list of needed documents are also included in the link.
Beijing Universities Offering Chinese Government Scholarships 2023
- Beijing Forestry University
- China Central Academy of Fine Arts
- Beijing University of Chinese Medicine
- Beijing Institute of Fashion Technology
- China University of Political Science and Law
- Beijing Jiaotong University
- University of International Business and Economics
- China Agricultural University
- Beijing Institute of Graphic Communication
- Beijing Electronic Science and Technology Institute
- Beijing Institute of Petrochemical Technology
- Peking Union Medical College
- Central University of Finance and Economics
- People’s Public Security University of China
- Beijing Institute of Technology
- Beijing Normal University
- China University of Petroleum
- University of Science and Technology Beijing
- Capital University of Physical Education and Sports
- The National Academy of Chinese Theatre Arts
- Beijing University of Civil Engineering and Architecture
- Tsinghua University
- China Foreign Affairs University
- Communication University of China
- Beijing Wuzi University
- North China Electric Power University
- Beijing Union University
- China University of Labor Relations
- Capital University of Economics and Business
- China Conservatory of Music
- China Youth University for Political Sciences
- Beihang University
- Beijing University of Posts and Telecommunications
- Shougang Institute of Technology
- Beijing University of Chemical Technology
- China University of Geosciences Beijing
- Capital Normal University
- Peking University
- Central Conservatory of Music
- Beijing Geely University
- Beijing Language and Culture University
- Beijing Film Academy
- Beijing University of Agriculture
- Renmin University of China
- Beijing Information Science and Technology University
- University of International Relations
- Beijing International Studies University
- Beijing University of Technology
- China Women’s University
- North China University of Technology
- University of the Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Capital Medical University
- Beijing Dance Academy
- Minzu University of China
- Beijing Sport University
- The Central Academy of Drama
- Beijing Technology and Business University
- Beijing Foreign Studies University
- Beijing City University
List of Documents You Need to Submit Application for Beijing Government Scholarship:
Beijing Fellowships Application forms are available on the university’s official website for download or can be picked up in person at the school. It must be carefully filled out by the applicants, who must then submit it.
highest level of education or training (certified copy)
proof of your ability to speak either Chinese or English
letter of recommendations (at least 2)
purpose statement (SOP)
Passport copy Transcripts, as well as copies of all other degrees
Photocopies of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form must be submitted by only those applicants who plan to stay in China for at least six months to pursue their studies.
A study plan or research proposal must be submitted by applicants who are submitting their applications for degree programmes or research-based programs, respectively. While the research proposal should be no longer than 800 words, the study plan should be no longer than 400 words.
Work samples must be submitted by candidates for programmes in music, the fine arts, media studies, etc.
The legal documentation of the applicant’s guardian must also be submitted if the applicant is under the age of 18.
After preparing all the documents, the applicants can attach them with the application form and send it to the address provided by their selected university.
The following methods can be used by applicants to submit their documentation to any Beijing-based university that offers the Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship:
Sending foreign students to China is the responsibility of the Chinese government.
through the applicant’s home country’s embassy or diplomatic mission in China.
through any additional office in the applicant’s home nation in charge of distributing such documents.
Applicants may also send their paperwork directly to the Beijing campus of the desired university or college.
Beijing Scholarships Application Deadline: May 30, 2023
The fields of philosophy, law, economics, history, education, management, engineering, literature, art, medicine, agriculture, and science are all covered by the Beijing Scholarship. The Beijing Government Scholarship application deadline for all Beijing-based universities is May 30, 2023.